University of South China (hereafter USC or the University), is a comprehensive public university with a history of about 60 years, co-funded by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense, China National Nuclear Corporation, China Nuclear Engineering Group Corporation, and the People’s Government of Hunan Province.
The University was merged in 2000 by Hengyang Medical College, founded in 1958 and administrated by Hunan Province, Central South Institute of Technology, in 1959, and the 6th Nuclear Institute, in 1962, both administrated by the former Ministry of Nuclear Industry. One of the yiben, or first tier universities on the Mainland, China, USC enrolls students from the Mainland, Hongkong, Macao, Taiwan and other parts of the world. The University is home to over 2,500 faculty members, and over 37,000 full-time students, of whom 33,000 are undergraduates and 4000, master or doctor degree candidates. Situated in Hengyang, a historical and cultural city in central Hunan, China, with a total area of 200 hectares, University of South China comprises 26 colleges and schools, 4 affiliated hospitals and 21 teaching hospitals. University of South China is a chartered training base for Reserve Naval Officers of the People’s Liberation Army.
The school has formed with engineering, medicine-based, philosophy, economics, law, literature, science, BDS, management science, art and other 9 disciplines disciplinary coordinated development of large systems. It offers undergraduate 73 Ge, a master’s degree level disciplines authorized a 24- Ge, licensed professional degree category 13 species; doctoral degree authorization 5 Ge; a post-doctoral research station 3 Ge. The school recruits students from all over the country (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) and some countries and regions in the world. Existing students 5 thousand people, including full-time undergraduate students nearly 3 million people, doctoral and master nearly 4000 more than people, international students 400 more than people, adult education college students nearly 1 Wan 8 thousand.
School of Medicine:
The Medical school dates back to 1958, when Hengyang Medical College, one of the predecessors of USC, was founded. It has a staff of 218, including 42 professors, 72 associate professors in terms of title, and 11 doctorate tutors and 64 postgraduate tutors in terms of mentorship.
Undergraduate Programs: Clinical Medicine (MBBS), Stomatology, Anesthetics, Medical Imageology, Laboratory Medicine.
Postgraduate Programs: Basic Medicine, pathology and pathophysiology, pathogeny biology, human anatomy and histoembryology, Immunology, Physiology.
Doctorate Programs: Basic Medicine, pathology and pathophysiology, pathogeny biology.
Post-doctorate working station: Basic Medicine
School of Medicine:
- University of South China is located in Hengyang near to Changsha about 2 hours by drive.
- More than 800+ Foreign Students from Pakistan, India, Nepal, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and other Nationalities are studying in MBBS (Clinical Medicine) ,BDS (Bachelor in Dental Surgery), Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science and other majors like business administration.
- 05 Batches are already graduated from USC in Clinical Medicine MBBS Major.
- University of South China is offering Chinese language 01 year full scholarship for ASEAN Country students which offers free tuition, free hostel, free insurance, free text books.
- 02 Batches with Engineering Degree have been also graduated from University of South China.
- Master (3 years Degree Program) & PHD Degree (4 years Degree) in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, mineral Engineering, Business administration (MBA) , Economics are also available in University of South China.
- At the end of Every year University of South china offers Scholarship to the excellent students 2000 RMB-10,000 RMB.
- MBBS Syllabus of University of South china is almost same as Pakistani & Indian Medical Colleges.
- Separate Hostel building for Male and Female students, Male Students are not allowed to enter in female dormitory.
- Hostels are 2 sharing, 03 sharing, 04 sharing (in-campus) for the international students pursuing Clinical Medicine & other degree programs.
- Muslim Canteens are available inside the campus and also very near to University of South China.
- University of South China is Recognized by WHO (world health organization), MCI approved University for Indian Students, PMC approved (Pakistani students can appear in PMDC’s NEB/NLE Exam after graduation). Graduated Foreign Students are eligible for ECFMG certification as well.
- As far as weather is concerned for Students, the temperatures in summer often reach an average high of 35 degrees Celsius with very high levels of humidity. The summer period for Henyang/Changsha begins around mid-May and ends with August. Autumn comes to Changsha during September and ends in early November.
Admission Procedure and Eligibility Criteria by University of South china :
- Students having HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Senior High School with 65% Minimum Marks.
- Language of Instruction : English (5+1 years Program) , Age Limit : 27 Years.
- SSC Mark sheet/Junior high school (grade 10)
- HSSC Mark sheet/Senior high school (grade 12)
- Passport First page in Scan
- Non-criminal Certificate
- One photo with white background.
- Medical Check up on Chinese physical form
MBBS Fee Package of University of South china for Pakistani, Africans Students September 2022:
Degree Awarding: Clinical Medicine MBBS
Note: Due to COVID-19, first semester will be online, University will announce later for on campus classes.
Application with documents 2000 RMB (non refundable)
|Expenses Details||From 1st year to 6th year|
|Tuition fee||21000 RMB/Year|
|Hostel Fee ( two sharing)||3000 RMB/Year|
|Medical,insurance,visa extension||1600 RMB/Year|
|Service & Consultancy charges are first time only)||Negotiable|